With this type of vi editor commands we can execute system commands in vi.
- :!<command> ===> run the command and show output if any without exiting the vi editor
- :sh ===> give a shell temporarily
- exit ===> exit the shell and return to the vi editor
- Ctrl+d ===>Same as above
This type of vi editor commands describes how to split the screen for editing.
- :sp ===> split the screen horizontally in two
- :vsp ===> split the screen vertically in two
- Ctrl+w ===> switch between the screens
To learn more about vi editor follow: https://www.ccsf.edu/Pub/Fac/vi.html