DNS name resolution process.
- Firstly the request will come to the name server of the example.com for checking the ip record hence it will check the cache. & luckily if it found the record in the cache it will give back to example.com & process will stop here. Else it will go next step.
- Then system will check for the configuration of the forwarder. It’s a DNS name server which receives the requests that are not answered by local DNS server. If this fails it will go to next step.
- When control come at the DNS server it follows the execution one by one. At first it will contact the name servers of the DNS root domain to find out how to reach the name servers of the .in domain.
- Once it found the name server of the .in domain it will check which name server to contact to get the details of the uxtechno domain.
- Once it finds name server who has authority for uxtechno.in domain. Name server will send request to get the resource record (ip) it requires. After finding this it will cache this record & sends back to the client.